On a cold Saturday morning in November, what’s the best thing you can do to cheer yourself up? Come to the ‘Cuckfield Local’ food market at the Talbot courtyard, of course! We’ve got delicious hot chocolate to buy from JCocoa to keep you warm while you check out the tasty goods on offer at the stalls. Our charity stall of the month is Bosom Buddies, do come along and support them. The market is on from 09.30 to 12.30 on Saturday 11th November. See you there!
It’s time for the Cuckfield Local October food market, this Saturday, October 14th. Come and sample some delicious hot chocolate (from the JCocoa stand) while you wander around and buy delicious foods from the stalls. We’re at the Talbot courtyard from 09.30-12.30.
As well as carving a pumpkin for Halloween, why not try making a delicious risotto too. You can pick up a pumpkin at the next Cuckfield Local market on Saturday 14th October. The quick and easy recipe is below. Enjoy!
• 1 small pumpkin, cubed and roasted
• about 1 ¼ litres vegetable or chicken stock (a cube in water is just fine)
• 300 g arborio rice
• 150 ml white wine (optional!)
• 50 g grated parmesan
To save time, next time you have the oven on, peel and chop the pumpkin, toss in a little oil and then roast for about half an hour until tender. This can be popped in the fridge and will keep beautifully for up to a week.
1. Melt half the butter in a large open pan and sauté the onion for about 5 minutes until softened.
2. Add the rice, stir for a bit and then add the white wine (if using). Stir until the wine has been absorbed.
3. Now add the hot stock a ladleful at a time. Cook stirring until the stock has been absorbed before adding another ladleful. Continue cooking until you have added all the stock and the rice is just tender, approx 15-20 mins. Add a little more liquid if required.
4. Once the rice is almost done, add in the pumpkin, grated parmesan and extra butter… a bit of freshly ground pepper is also good.
And that’s it!
Some sage or parsley sprinkled on top is a nice addition, or you could try sprinkling some walnuts on too for a nice crunchy texture.
Join us for the September ‘Cuckfield Local’ market. 9.30-12.30 at the Talbot courtyard, this Saturday. Lots of great food on sale – game, cheese, fish, vegetables, meats, honey, cakes, pies, bread, chocolate and beautiful hydrangea wreaths on sale by Chez Fleur too. Our charity of the month is Kangaroos, do come along and support them.
It’s time for our July market, this Saturday, July 8th. Come on down to the Talbot courtyard and buy yourself a tasty treat or two. Between 10 and 11.30 we will have musical accompaniment too, with local musicians busking at the market as part of the Cuckfield Arts Festival. The market is open from 09.30-12.30.
The June food market is almost here. Wilderness Lane honey, Chez Fleur (with beautiful bouquets of British flowers) and Cuckfield Pre-school play group will be with us this month, along with all our usual stallholders. Come and pay us a visit and buy some delicious snacks for your weekend. The market will be at the Talbot courtyard on Saturday 10 June, from 09.30-12.30.
Saturday May 13th, Talbot courtyard, Cuckfield from 09.30-12.30. Come and join us for lots of delicious goodies. We have a new bread stall holder – Flint Owl Bakery, take a trip down to the market and try out the new breads on offer. Other delicious goods on offer are cheeses, scotch eggs, game, fish, honey, veg, meats, jams and a welcome return to our new chocolate stall – JCocoa.